February is upon us, but spring will be here soon and so will the outdoor gatherings.
February means ground hog shadows, Valentine’s Day and continued cold weather. But February also means that we are one month closer to spring’s warmer temperatures and outdoor gatherings with family and friends. Is your home ready to shine when they come by with the potato salad and desserts?
If not, now is the time to inspect your siding, sidewalks, decks and roof for signs of algae and grime, since those elements take away a home’s beauty. The techs at Complete Power Wash are ready to come out and help…as soon as the weather says, “GO!“
And while you’re considering that call or email to schedule your pressure washing appointment, read this interesting trivia about the second month of the year. Fact: February was not always the second month of the year.
- February was originally the last month of the calendar year. It was eventually moved in 450 B.C. to its place as the second month. This was done so the calendar would reflect a standard lunar year.
- February is packed with holidays and history. February 2nd is Groundhog Day; the 12th is Abraham Lincoln‘s birthday; the 14th is St. Valentine’s Day; the 15th is Chinese New Year and Susan B. Anthony‘s birthday; the 18th is President’s Day.
and the 22nd is George Washington’s birthday.
- The month of February is the only month that can pass without a full moon, in common years. The last time we witnessed such a scenario was last year (2018).
- In common years, February starts on the same day of the week as March and November, and on leap years, it starts with the same day of the week as August.
- February is American Heart Month; Black History Month; Bird-Feeding Month; and Dental Health Month.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for those born in the month.
- The Violet and the Primrose are the flowers for February.
- February is named for the Latin word februum, which means purification.
And, the second month of the year is a day longer every four years. Do you know why? The answer is: A common year has 365 days and a leap year 366 days, with the extra day designated as February 29th. A leap year occurs every four years to help synchronize the calendar year with the solar year, or the length of time it takes the earth to complete its orbit around the sun, which is about 365¼ days.
If you would like us to help you with your resolution to pressure wash your home in 2019, contact us by clicking here. If you prefer to talk to us, call our Hagerstown office at 301-842-2290. Our techs – using the softwash technique – work throughout the greater Hagerstown, MD area, including Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Myersville, Maugansville, Keedysville and Frederick County, MD.
Click here to read our Facebook Reviews.