February is known as the “Love Month,” and we want you to love your clean house this Spring.
It all began when the Feast of Saint Valentine was established by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496, celebrated on February 14, in honor of Valentine of Rome who died on the same date in AD 269 and became a martyred saint. So the date — which is now synonymous with Valentine’s Day — has significance, but it was in the 14th Century when it became associated with romantic love. If you would like to learn more about the second and shortest month of year, read a little further.
Now let’s discuss how you can soon love your home’s exterior. You will love the way your siding, gutters, sidewalks, roof, fence panels, etc…look when the Complete Power Wash techs finish pressure washing at your address. You will also love their use of the softwash technique. This allows the tech to use cleaning agents and — depending on the surface — the correct water pressure to clean without the risk of damage. This is the main difference between professional pressure washing company and the amateurs.
And the damage by those attempting to “blast away” the dirt and grime can be costly. Imagine the cost to repair or REPLACE scarred siding, deck boards, shingles and even concrete. Thankfully, when it’s time to hire the right company, you can look for online reviews and galleries of previous work. Right now you can inspect your siding, sidewalks, deck and roof for signs of algae and grime buildup, since those elements take away from a home’s beauty. The techs at Complete Power Wash are ready to come out and help…as soon as the weather breaks and says, “LET’S CLEAN!“
And while you’re considering that call or email to schedule your pressure washing appointment, read this interesting trivia about the second month of the year. Fact: February was not always the second month of the year.
Other Reasons to Love February
- February was originally the last month of the calendar year. It was eventually moved in 450 B.C. to its place as the second month. This was done so the calendar would reflect a standard lunar year.
- February is packed with holidays and history. February 2nd is Groundhog Day; the 12th is Abraham Lincoln‘s birthday; the 14th is St. Valentine’s Day; the 15th is Chinese New Year and Susan B. Anthony‘s birthday; the 18th is President’s Day.
and the 22nd is George Washington’s birthday.
- The month of February is the only month that can pass without a full moon, in common years. The last time we witnessed such a scenario was last year (2018).
- In common years, February starts on the same day of the week as March and November, and on leap years, it starts with the same day of the week as August.
- February is American Heart Month; Black History Month; Bird-Feeding Month; and Dental Health Month.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for those born in the month.
- The Violet and the Primrose are the flowers for February.
- February is named for the Latin word februum, which means purification.
And, the second month of the year is a day longer every four years. Do you know why? It’s because a common year has 365 days and a leap year 366 days, with the extra day designated as February 29th. A leap year occurs every four years to help synchronize the calendar year with the solar year, or the length of time it takes the earth to complete its orbit around the sun, which is about 365¼ days.
Contact CPW if You Love Professional Pressure Washing
Contact Complete Power Wash here if you have pressure washing questions or want to schedule an appointment when the weather breaks. If you prefer to talk to a staff member, call the Hagerstown, MD office at 301.842.2290.
In addition to residential cleaning, CPW‘s techs are also trained in commercial and industrial power washing, using the softwash approach to clean. To see a gallery of CPW‘s pressure washing work in the greater Hagerstown, MD area, click here.